Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A little something for the artsy kinds :)

Just read about this really nice website called Drawspace.com. I like to draw, but I'm not too good at it and sometimes I wish someone could teach me how to draw! :P I remember my mom putting me in drawing classes when I was 9, but thats as far as I went. Now, I don't think any of us have the time to go for these regular classes. Buying books is one thing, but then the money factor comes in. Has anyone checked out how expensive these kind of books can be? Real expensive!




Drawspace is the perfect solution. It hosts a huge number of tutorials which teach you how to draw right from simple drawings of animals to wonderfully shaded portraits. The site is divided nicely into Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. There are tutorials on perspective, drawing with lines, simple cartoons and portraits in the Beginner's section while it moves on to colour and more complicated caricatures and people figures in the Intermediate section. The advanced section has some really wonderful shading techniques as well as some secrets on drawing with colour pencils.

Registering is free, however, you will only be allowed to view one lesson every two weeks! This is to conserve the bandwidth, according to the site. Premium members can pay $20 for three months and get immediate access to all lessons.

Seems like a great way to learn as well as spend your time! I for one will definately try to make the most of this site..! Maybe they should even include paintings slowly. Hmm...now that would be a great thing to learn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home