Thursday, August 10, 2006

System Mechanic saves the day!

A few days ago I was very much tempted to throw my computer (a Toshiba, sadly) out the window! It was in a total mess! My mouse wouldn't work - if I used the very same USB port for a flash drive it worked perfectly fine, but ANY mouse and it just refused to work! The thing was so horribly slow, I could click on an icon on my desktop and go get a glass of water to drink before it opened! I know absolutely zilch about computers and how to fix them, so I was pretty much assured that reformating the computer was the only way out. Then my father asked me to try out System Mechanic. And it really helped!

System Mechanic has about 19 tools that can help troubleshoot problems in your system before they occur. One tool allows you to streamline your registry by finding and clearing out information that is no longer valid or has become completely obsolete. Yet another tool allows you to remove debris littered across your computer by untidy programs, system freezes, and sudden system restarts. The Incinerator tool lets you securely delete sensitive data and files. System Mechanic also helps you eliminate spyware, defrag hard drives, boost internet access speed to upto 300%, block web popups, set up scheduled maintenance, repair Windows security flaws, stop dangerous programs from starting, making Windows boot faster, uninstall or relocate any program as well as tweak hundreds of Windows settings.

You can download System Mechanic 6.0 here. You can start with the free 30 day trial or even buy packs ranging from $50 to $300. The first thing that System Mechanic does is to analyse your computer. (The overall condition of my system was said to be 'critical' :P) Next, you can go about clearing out your registry as well as deleting debris and clutter all over your system. After completing these two tasks, my overall system condition improved to 'good' with almost 1GB of space freed! Now, it no longer takes eternity to load a simple program and my mouse finally works! :D

Ofcouse, since I used the trial version, not all problems were repaired, but it was enough to get it into a working condition.

If you feel that reformating is the only option remaining but dread backing up all that data, then give System Mechanic a shot. It might actually solve your problem!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kalyani said...

hehe...secret! ;)

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home