Monday, August 07, 2006

My last day at work

Am I happy!? Well, ofcourse!! Its been two weeks since every one of my friends have finished working and gone home as well! And I am still working...but I can't complain. I had an absolutely wonderful two week vacation in the US before I started work! :D

Will I think of joining this company after graduating? That is a question almost everyone here asks me these days. Hmm..will I? Let me give you a bit of a background first. I am an Electrical Engineering student and right now I am working on SAP. No connection right!? But still, I like my work here!

SAP is quite interesting. There is a whole lot out there that I am yet to understand and three months is no where near enough to get even a decent understanding of how SAP works. However, these three months were enough to show me exactly how interesting and challenging it can be. Its not just sitting in front of a computer and running reports day after day. Not even just coding your whole life. Its the implementation that caught my attention - the Functional Side to it all. Till I worked here, I did not really know that in most big companies the programmers are not the ones who come up with the logic behind the code! It is the functional guys. I know, programming is tough (heck, I have supposedly learnt both C and C++, and yet I can not create a single piece of code that will work!) But I really feel that rather than just converting logic into code, coming up with the logic is more interesting. Wouldn't you agree with me? So, in answer to that previous question, yes - I would keep this as one of my options after graduating.
These three months have changed me for sure, but I like the changed me. I guess I have become a bit more confident? But I will miss this place once I leave, a little atleast! Not the getting up at 7 every morning, or the one and a half hour bus and MRT ride every day to work. I'm going to miss the people I met here, the friends I made.
My final year at college awaits me though. I think that will be equally exciting! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home